ALBACORE SHIP MANAGEMENT aims to provide a secure working environment on board ships by establishing and maintaining the required security measures to prevent unlawful acts against the ships which can endanger the safety and security of persons and property on board and ashore.
The Company will ensure that the Company Security Officer, the Master and the Ship Security Officer are given necessary support to fulfill their duties and responsibilities in accordance with XI-2 of the 1974 SOLAS Convention as amended.
- To provide security procedures and practices for ship operations to protect the security of ports and the wider community.
- To establish safeguards to reduce the risk to passengers, visitors, and crew and port personnel on board the Company vessels.
- To improve the security awareness and skills of the Company personnel ashore and onboard.
- To prepare contingency measures for emergencies relating to possible security incidents.
We will achieve the objectives by:
- Having a Ship Security Assessment and Ship Security Plan specific to each individual ship.
- Comprehensive training for Company personnel.
- Regular documented reviews and internal audits of security procedures and plans, in order to allow for constant update and improvement to the plan.
- Practicing and documenting the ISPS Code.
- All employees shall comply with the required procedures within the Ship Security Plan and should be familiar with the relevant security duties required of them and the measures required protecting the ship from any unlawful act.