Albacore Ship Management Drug and Alcohol Policy is:
- To strictly prohibit the operation of any Albacore Ship Management vessel by any person or persons, whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- To prohibit the use, possession, trafficking, handling or distribution of alcohol and illegal drugs or controlled substances, including the paraphernalia associated therewith, by any Albacore Ship Management employee both ashore and on board the vessels.
- To ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- To protect the safety and wellbeing of the public and environment.
- To maintain dry ship policy.
- DRUG, refers to a controlled substance defined under the Misuse of Drugs Act, 1985, and includes inhalant substances such as solvents.
- DRUG ABUSE shall be deemed to exist or to occur whenever a DRUG is taken without a Medical Practitioner or Medical Officer's prescription and a person shall be deemed to be UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS if he or she has a detectable level.
- ALCOHOL ABUSE shall be deemed to exist or occur whenever the consumption of alcohol in any form interferes with the individual's job performance or usual social interaction at work.
- A person shall be deemed to be UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL if the Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) more than 0.04mg/100ml.
The Master shall ensure that none of his crew:
- Are under the influence of Drugs and Alcohol while on board or engaged in the execution of his duties.
- Possess or consume Drugs and Alcohol (including inhalant substances) while on board or engaged in the execution of his duties.
Employees found to be in possession of, consuming or under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol:
- To be in possession of, consuming or under the influence of Drugs or,
- To be in possession of, and under the influence of alcohol.
He /She shall be dismissed with immediate effect.
All repatriation costs including cost of putting in place a replacement crew member shall be borne by the offender.
In addition to the above, any employee found in possession of, or consuming, or who is suspected of being under the influence of drugs will be reported to the Police.
Searches and Tests for Drugs and Alcohol on Henderson vessels:
Albacore Ship Management reserves the right to:
- Conduct searches for drugs or alcohol in the crew cabins and any crew personal effects at its discretion.
- Unannounced Drug and Alcohol Test to be conducted annually for all seafarers engaged onboard.
- Search the person, clothing and personal effects of any employee, contractor or any other person visiting a Henderson international vessel, at any time.
- If the Company has a reasonable ground to suspect an employee / crew for drug and alcohol abuse, the Company shall require him/her to undergo a test / medical examination by a doctor or as part of a routine check.
- In the event of an accident or an incident where the company suspects drug or alcohol impairment is the cause, a drug or alcohol test may be ordered by the company utilizing the kits on board.
Termination of Employment and Contract:
Albacore Ship Management shall dismiss any employee when:
- Either the employee is found in possession of, consuming or under the influence of drugs and alcohol in contravention of Albacore Ship Management Drug and Alcohol Policy, or,
- It has reasonable grounds to suspect that the employee is not abiding by Albacore Ship Management Drug and Alcohol Policy.